Saturday, September 29, 2012

Angled Desks

I made a quick seating chart change yesterday that I'm really liking.  This is what my groups have looked like:

I had the same issue that I always have with tables, which is the red seats.  The problem with those desks is that their backs face the board.  For group work it doesn't really matter, but when I'm up at the front kids in these desk have to actually turn around to look which isn't ideal.  Usually I've just tried to avoid putting kids in these seats if possible, but I don't really like that.  I want to be able to use all my desks.  

The other smaller issue was the orange seats.  I use the back board to post the ISN table of contents and WWK so these kids would have to turn around for a couple minutes in the beginning of the period to look at the board.

I made a small change yesterday that I'm not sure why I didn't think of earlier.

Now no one really has their back to me and the only slight issue is those two orange desks that need to turn around to see the back board.  Still not completely perfect, but much much better.

Here's some other table related posts: why I use groups, last year's layout

2 comments:

  1. I have 25-28 kids in each class so I have to deal with this a lot. I just tell those with their backs to the board to turn their desks whenever they need to see the board, then turn back for group work. They handle it pretty well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...