Each basket contains the following items:
- Scissors (one for each kid)
- Handheld tape dispensers (one for each kid )
- Highlighters (I buy three packs of 12 and each table gets 6 different colors)
- Scientific calculators (one for each kid )
- Rulers (one for each kid )
- Small trash can
Some people don't keep that many supplies in the basket because it gets messy or unorganized or lost. I would prefer to have everything there so I am just very diligent in training my kids. Each thing has a specific spot and no one leaves the room until EVERYTHING is where it needs to me. My kids learn quickly that I'm a hyper organized person and there's no point fighting me on the issue.
These are all things that I have in the room but I only put into the baskets (or use) as needed:
- glue sticks
- markers (thick and thin)
- colored pencils
- colored computer paper
Once I actually get all of my school stuff out of the boxes it's all in I will post a picture of what my organized supply baskets look like.