Me: Take a sheet of blank paper. Ok, now on the top of your paper write these numbers: 1, 4, 9, 16. Again, that was 1, 4, 9, and 16...write them at the top of the paper you have. (I repeated this about two or three more times)
Some of the responses that followed:
- wait what numbers?
- I wasn't listening, what was that again?
- do we write them big?
- do we write them all together?
- I just wrote them all together
- it's not even hard, just write 14 and 916
Me: Are we all ok with this? At the top of your paper you should have 1, 4, 9 and 16. It doesn't matter how big, just that you see that there are four numbers. We're going to be doing something where you're only allowed to use those four numbers.
- four numbers?? I thought there were 5..like the 1 and 6 were seperate
- yeah I thought that too
- where do you see four numbers? I have five
Never a dull moment.